“Is there a test for Mono?”

In the event that someone exhibits symptoms of mono, a doctor can order a Mononucleosis spot blood test.

This is a blood test that searches for 2 antibodies within the blood which appear after an infection of the virus, and thus, is indicative of a person having contracted the virus.

This information is meant for educational purposes. If you are experiencing an emergency please dial 911. Consult a trained medical provider when making health decisions.